You have come to the right place if your LG TV was unable to connect to the access point. In this article, we have provided you with the potential causes as well as their solutions.
One of the biggest benefits of buying a Smart TV is that you have easy access to a huge selection of different types of material. You may have access to a huge selection of streaming opportunities if you have a smart LG TV and connect it to the internet.
Your TV can be connected to the internet using one of two techniques. While the second connection is hardwired, the first connection is wireless.
You can do a lot more with a Smart TV than just stream all of your favorite music at once or watch multiple seasons of your favorite shows and documentaries on Netflix.
Whenever something does go wrong, you might discover that you can no longer access your media hub.
Follow the following instructions if your TV fails to function properly and you are getting the message “could not establish a connection to access point please check the status and try again.”
Reasons Why LG TV could not establish a connection to the access point
The short answer is that your LG TV was unable to connect to the access point either because the WiFi frequency was incompatible, or the WiFi router was malfunctioning because the WiFi was down.
The fact that the internet, other forms of technology, and the wireless network all work properly makes it one of the most aggravating issues we encounter.
However, this error is displayed because the TV is unable to create a strong and consistent connection with the router. In addition, many other individuals have come across the same problem, thus it is not unique.
Considering the fact this problem has been linked to the connection between the WiFi router and the TV, a majority of AT&T customers have encountered it when using their online service.
Generally speaking, there are many different causes that contribute to your LG TV’s inability to connect to your WiFi router.
A frequency conflict, faulty or incompatible WiFi frequency settings, etc., are a few of the possible reasons; however, the most likely reason is that your TV is simply unable to connect.
You could encounter a few problems when attempting to connect your LG TV to a wireless network, but fortunately, these problems can be fixed by making a few changes to the router’s settings.
The following is a list of every possible reason why your LG TV is having trouble with its wifi connection:
- The frequency of WiFi is incompatible.
- Having issues with the wireless router
- Inconsistent WiFi connection
How To Fix LG Tv Could Not Establish a Connection to The Access Point
It may only be necessary to restart your TV or router to resolve Wi-Fi connectivity issues. However, these issues can also be brought on by issues with your Internet service provider, and in extremely rare circumstances, they can be brought on by hardware issues with your TV or home network.
Here are a few potential solutions:
Method 1 – Reboot the Wi-Fi Router
To start, try restarting your router to see if it makes a difference. A router faces the risk of experiencing frequency conflict issues over time if it is left running for long periods of time.
Sometimes a straightforward power cycle is all that’s needed to restore order. As a result, the router receives a new IP address, all temporary data are deleted, and it immediately switches to a variety of more efficient wifi channels.
Additionally, make sure that all of the other electrical devices in your home are connected to Wi-Fi networks and working properly before you start any adjustments to your TV.
Your television is probably not the cause of the problem if nothing is connected to the wifi; it is quite unlikely that it is.
- Step 1: To switch off the router, start by unplugging it from the back.
- Step 2: Please wait a moment before continuing.
- Step 3: Double-check that the power cable is reconnected.
- Step 4: Connect to the WiFi router after all the lights have returned to normal.
Method 2 – Reset Network Connection
This method can be used to swiftly resolve the problem when an LG TV is unable to link to an access point. You need only restart your WiFi connection to fix the issue.
- Step 1: Open your LG TV’s “Network” settings menu.
- Step 2: From the drop-down menu, choose “forget” to disconnect from the internet.
- Step 3: Run another search to find any open networks.
- Step 4: You will be required to enter the password after choosing the proper Wi-Fi network.
- Another tip is to change the Wi-Fi network password. This makes it easier to connect your LG TV to the access point as well.
Method 3 – Connect Using WPS
When one of my devices is unable to connect to my Wi-Fi network, I always utilize this excellent and best choice. Usually, I use it.
Any TV can connect to a Wi-Fi network simply through the network’s name and password. Let us attempt something new now, more specifically the WPS strategy.
The steps to follow are as follows:
- Step 1: Press the WPS button on your router to start the process of activating WPS.
- Step 2: You should click the “All Settings” button on the LG TV.
- Step 3: From the menu, choose “Network” to access the settings options.
- Step 4: Next, choose the WPS menu option and enter your WPS password when necessary.
Method 4 – Change Wifi Frequency
Creating not one, but two independent wireless networks—one for 2G and one for 5G—is another important piece of advice.
You must sign in to the AT&T settings page if you are using a router that is not provided by AT&T or if you are using a different internet service provider.
There, create two separate networks: a 2G network and a 5G network. Select a connection from the list of options, then join your LG TV to it.
Method 5 – Set A Guest Wi-Fi Network
A different approach you might attempt is joining a guest Wi-Fi network with your LG TV. This is a great suggestion to try if your TV won’t connect to the access point.
Follow the steps described in the following stages;
- Step 1: Launch Google or your preferred browser and check the address bar. On your keyboard, simply type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 before pressing the Enter or Return key.
- Step 2: Go to the administrator panel and select the “Advanced” button to view the settings for your router.
- Step 3: Choose “Multiple SSID” from the Wireless menu.
- Step 4: After that, you must set up the Wi-Fi network for guests. Please remember to name the network!
Method 6 – Establish A Wired Connection
The only final option, if nothing else works, is to connect your TV to your wireless network through a cable. However, an Ethernet port ought to be included in your LG TV.
An Ethernet line is all that is needed. One end of the wire needs to be plugged into your LG TV, and the other end needs to be plugged into your Wi-Fi router.
By doing this, you will be able to quickly fix the problem that prevents you from connecting to the access point.
Method 7 – Soft Reset LG TV
It is possible that your LG TV is at fault for causing the problem. As a result, you ought to test both a soft and a hard reset on it. Let’s start off by performing a soft reset.
- Step 1: First, you must unplug the television from the power outlet and turn it off.
- Step 2: After some time has passed, you should continue by plugging in the power cord.
- Step 3: At this point, you must push the power button to turn on your LG TV.
Method 8 – Hard Reset LG TV
8th Approach: Hard Reset LG TV
Your LG TV’s factory reset, sometimes referred to as a hard reset, restores all of the settings from before it was reset. It removes all data, including harmful software, completely. Please read and adhere to the directions listed below;
Select the “All settings” option from the Settings menu on your LG TV.
- Step 1: Press the “Support” button on the interface.
- Step 2: After choosing “General” in the menu, scroll down until you find “Reset to initial settings.”
- Step 3: Verify the reset was successful before moving on.
- Step 4: Re-join your wireless network with your LG TV.
Method 9 – Try Connecting to Mobile Hotspot
You should try connecting your TV to a mobile hotspot if you have exhausted all other options and still are unable to create a WiFi connection. This technique also makes sure that your TV’s Wifi functionality functions properly.
The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Enable your phone’s hotspot.
- Step 2: Disconnect the hotspot connection’s password
- Step 3: Select the Wifi option on your TV.
- Step 4: From the available network connections, choose your mobile hotspot connection.
Televisions are among the devices that are most prone to interruption when it comes to the process of creating a dependable wireless connection with a WiFi router. These kinds of issues are occasionally reported with TVs, and LG TVs are not immune to this occurrence.
LG TVs could encounter issues that prevent them from connecting to WiFi networks, and they could show error messages such as “Could not establish a connection to access point please check the status and try again.”